Oxford Brookes is a vibrant, modern university that has over 3,200 international students from more than 140 different countries. Oxford Brookes University has been named as one of the top 50 young universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings – and is the only UK university to make the list.
Oxford Brookes offer a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses designed to stimulate and inspire. In addition, the University offers a guaranteed place on an Oxford Brookes University bachelor’s degree if you pass an international foundation programme with the appropriate grades.
Oxford is a great place to be a student – rich in heritage yet focused on the present day with a vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere. The University have a long standing reputation for employability, and are host to two national centres of excellence in teaching and learning.
- 56th in Times Good University Guide 2021
- 43rd in the Guardian University Guide 2021
- 429th in the QS World University Rankings 2022
Oxford Brookes University ranks highly for both graduate employment and student satisfaction, and has topped the rankings for modern universities for 11 of the past 12 years in The Sunday Times University Guide. Two Queen’s Anniversary Prizes (honouring outstanding achievement and excellence) have also been awarded to Oxford Brookes. The University also regularly performs well in the People and Planet Green league of greenest universities.
Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 94% of research was ‘internationally recognised’, while 59% was judged to be of ‘world leading’ quality. Architecture, Business and Management, English Language, History, Engineering and Music all performed well in the exercise.
- Type Public
- Established 1865 (Oxford School of Art)
- 1891 (Oxford City Technical School)
- 1956 (Oxford College of Technology)
- 1970 (Oxford Polytechnic)
- 1992 (Oxford Brookes University)
- Endowment £2.5 million (2015)
- Chancellor vacant
- Vice-Chancellor Alistair Fitt
- Academic staff 1,471
- Administrative staff 1,410
- Students 16,900 (2019/20)
- Undergraduates 12,710 (2019/20)
- Postgraduates 4,185 (2019/20)
- Location Oxford, England
- Campus Urban, suburban